Woman locked in bar bathroom and beaten by a group of females in Carenage resulted in one of the suspects being charged and granted bail…
See TTPS press statement for more info.
• A 27-year-old woman from Carenage was granted bail in the sum of $100,000 with a surety when she appeared before Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor at the Port of Spain Magistrates’ Court, on Tuesday 6th September 2022.
• As part of the bail condition, the accused must report three times per week to a station in the Western District, she must also stay 50 feet away from the victim and must not have any communication with the victim, whether directly or indirectly.
• She is expected to reappear in court on 14th September, 2022.
• According to the police report, on Saturday 26th February, 2022, a woman was at a bar in Carenage, she later went into the lady’s restroom, where she was confronted by two females.
• The woman alleged that she was assaulted by the two women with an unknown object, and as a result, she suffered injuries to her body. The victim also alleged that the perpetrators locked the bathroom door during the assault.
The investigation was conducted, supervised by A/Corporal Ryan, and spearheaded by Sergeant, Brisbane and Inspector Grant.
Charges were laid by PC Phipps of the Criminal Investigation Department, Carenage.