Two men were shot dead one day after they slaughtered a neighbour’s cow and kept the meat for themselves on Wednesday 19th October 2022.
• The deceased was identified as 36-year-old Sean Dalipsingh and Sheldon “Reddo” Lewis both of Tractor Pool Road, Wallerfield, Arima.
• According to a police report, on Wednesday 19th October, 2022, a resident in the area was awakened by several loud explosions and later made a check and discovered the bullet-riddled bodies of the victims at their home.
• Nine 9mm spent shell casings and two 40 calibre spent shell casings were found at the scene of the incident.
• According to police, enquiries have revealed that on Tuesday 18th October, 2022, Dalipsingh and Lewis slaughtered a cow which belonged to a neighbour because the animal had eaten their crops.
• The police report added that the men kept the meat for themselves and they believe their killings were an act of revenge.
However, relatives of Dalipsingh have denied he was involved in the larceny and slaughter of the cow, indicating that Lewis was the one who killed the cow without Dalipsingh’s knowledge.
• The cow, we were told, had been eating the crops of Lewis and Dalipsingh, both farmers, and they would have made numerous reports to the police about the situation until Lewis got fed up and decided to kill the animal.