TTPS: “Buckman” to appear in court on several firearm-related offences.

TTPS press release:

A 22-year-old man will appear before the Sangre Grande Magistrate’s Court today charged in connection with a shooting incident which occurred last Tuesday in Valencia.

JASON PAUL, also known as ‘Buckman’, of, San Pedro Road, Valencia, was charged yesterday by PC Benoit of the Valencia Police Post with Shooting with Intent, Possession of Firearm, Possession of Ammunition, Possession of Firearm to Endanger Life, Possession of Ammunition to Endanger Life and Discharging a Firearm within 40 Meters of a Road.

According to a police report, on September 6th, 2022 at 6.30 am, a 42-year-old man was approaching his home when he was confronted by six suspects, all armed with firearms.

The man told police that one of the suspects allegedly made threats to shoot him and pointed a firearm in his direction. He then heard two loud explosions, before becoming fearful for his life and escaping from the scene.

Police were later contacted and a team of officers from the Valencia Police Post immediately responded.

One of the suspects, later identified as JASON PAUL, was subsequently arrested on September 9th, 2022.

Last week Thursday at the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service’s Weekly Media Briefing, Senior Superintendent (Ag.), Eastern Division, Ryan Khan, told the country his Division has one of the highest solvency rates for crime and those bent on committing offences face a greater likelihood of being arrested and charged.

Investigations are still underway and the arrest of the suspects at large is imminent.

Shopping Cart