The Opposition UNC lived good on its promise not to support the Bail Amendment Bill which would have denied persons charged with specific offences Bail for 120 days.
The Bail Amendment Bill of 2019 was defeated in the Senate after all Opposition Senators and most Independent Senators voted against the Bill.
• 15 PNM Senators voted for the Bill
• 6 UNC Senators voted against the Bill
• 5 Independent voted against
• 2 Independent Senators voted for the Bill
• 1 Independent Senator abstained
After a vote was taken by the Clerk of the House, 18 Senators voted in favour of the Bill, 11 against and there was 1 abstention.