The local art industry has been plunged into mourning following the murder of art dealer Mark Pereira which took place in Blanchisseuse on Monday 19th December, 2022.
• 66-year-old Pereria, was at his Paria main road home when at about 6:45pm residents of the area heard a series of loud explosions.
• Upon investigating, they found Pereria lying in a pool of blood.
• The police and paramedics were notified and officers from the Blanchisseuse police station responded. However, Pereria succumbed to his wounds.
• Police believe the 66-year-old may have been killed in a ‘robbery gone wrong’.
• Pereira was a publisher of art books in Trinidad and Tobago and has written and/or published books on Cazabon, Barbara Jardine and Meiling.