the burnt body of a man was reportedly found in Caroni on Monday 03rd July, 2023.
• The body is believed to be that of 66-year-old US Citizen, Ghandi “Bobby” Ramlochan who reportedly came to Trinidad to celebrate his 67th birthday.
• Around 8:30pm on Monday 03rd July, Officers of the Caroni Police Station received a missing person’s report, after Ramlochan was last seen or heard from on Sunday in Munroe Road, Cunupia.
• They then received the GPS coordinates of the vehicle which led them to Caroni South Bank Road near a lagoon off the roadway, where they discovered a burnt vehicle.
• Further checks on the vehicle led to the discovery of burnt human remains in the trunk and the number plate, matching the victim’s rental car was found on the ground near the vehicle.
• The remains were then removed to the forensic science centre to identify the deceased.
A similar incident took place on January 28th, 2023, when the charred remains of 31-year-old Danette Pierre were found in a burnt vehicle at Cedar Hill Road in Claxton Bay.