Striking employees forced the operations at NP’s sea lots gas plant to be shut down because of a leaking wasa sewer line outside the facility on Tuesday 6th September, 2022.
• One worker told us that a large sewer line has been leaking for several weeks and nothing had been done to remedy the situation.
• He said the sewer had been entering the gas plant and workers decided they have had enough and decided to stay off the job today, Tuesday 6th September, 2022.
• He said their protest action caused wasa workers to visit the area in an attempt to remedy the situation which cannot be done overnight given the nature of the leak.
• There were few workers on the compound when our camera crew visited the area earlier today.
• Customers were turned away by the security and told to return tomorrow but the worker said it is highly unlikely wasa would be able to repair the huge leak by tomorrow.
• The worker also added that simply placing dirt to prevent sewer from seeping into the np gas plant, which he described as a “botched job”, would not eliminate the issue.