Oropouche police are probing an incident in which a contractor died hours after he ingested gramoxone while inside his vehicle at the Mosquito Creek in San Fernando yesterday afternoon.

Oropouche police are probing an incident in which a contractor died hours after he ingested gramoxone while inside his vehicle at the Mosquito Creek in San Fernando yesterday afternoon.

• The deceased victim has been identified as 40-year-old Kevin Beekie of Sunkist Drive, Philippine in San Fernando.

• Kevin’s dad, Kelvin Beekie, told our camera crew that he was not prepared to speak about the incident during a visit at his home earlier today.

• A police report on the incident states that around 10:49 am on Tuesday 19th December, 2022, Kevin sent a text message to his father saying, “Morning Dad Luv Ur Always” which led to his father calling him.

• Kevin, the report added, told his father that he drank gramoxone and that he was at the Mosquito Creek and needed help. His father with the assistance of two other relatives went to the location and found him in a semi-conscious state in the driver’s seat of his cream-colored Kia Rio PCE 2471.

• He was then taken to the San Fernando General Hospital where he was treated and warded in a critical condition but passed away around 8:40 am yesterday.

Shopping Cart