Long overdue and money well spent is how one can describe the $13.6 million dollar Caiman Road Community Centre in St. Joseph.
• Minister of Sports and Community Development, speaking at the opening on Wednesday 10th August, Shamfa Cudjoe, said the centre would be used for not only community events and exercising but will now create opportunities for fitness entrepreneurs within the community to set up and operate gyms.
• Caiman Road has a large village located between a valley of the Maracas Royal Road in St. Joseph and could be described as a remote community.
• In May, Officers of the Northern Division Task Force were seen recreating with children in the community along the roadway as the community centre was being constructed.
• May persons probably have never heard of the community until the emergence of the video depicting the positive police interaction.
• Today, that very old busted roadway where the race between some of the residents and police happened in May was repaved along with other dilapidated roads leading to the multimillion-dollar community centre.