See TTPS press statement:
• A San Fernando man was granted bail with surety in the sum of $200,000 by a Justice of the Peace (JP), after he was charged with two counts of land fraud.
• Rossi Kirk Sealey, 54, of Palmyra Village, an insurance sales representative, was charged with one count of Possession of a Forged Document and one count of Fraudulently Causing the Acceptance of a Valuable Security, when he was granted bail by JP Stephen Young, on October 22nd, 2022.
• The accused was ordered to appear before a San Fernando Magistrate on November 23rd, November, 2022.
• Reports indicate that on October 19th, 2022, personnel attached to the Chief State Solicitor’s Office, allegedly discovered fraudulent Standard Agricultural Leases for two acres of State lands purportedly leased to a man. It was also discovered that the leases were allegedly fraudulently registered at the Registrar General Office of Trinidad and Tobago on October 12th, 2020.
• Closer scrutiny of the documents revealed several signatures, inclusive of the Acting Commissioner of State Lands and attorneys attached to the Chief State Solicitor’s Office, were also forged.
• A report was made to the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau (ACIB) and ASP (Ag.) Bryon Daniel, W/Insp. Mc Millan, Sgt. Baldwin, Sgt. Emrit, Cpl Brown, WPC Harewood, WPC Riley and PC Williams, conducted investigations into the matter.
• A search warrant was executed at the home of a male suspect on Thursday 20th October, 2022, during which a certified copy of the forged Standard Agricultural Lease was allegedly found and seized by investigators.
• Sealey was charged by WPC Riley of the ACIB on Friday 21st October, 2022, with the two offences.