The mother of the toddler who was reportedly kidnapped by his father on Wednesday 24th May, 2023, spoke to Ian at the studio earlier today.
• At around 2am, the man who was identified as Rekab Mohammed of Baker Trace, Coalmine, Sangre Grande, broke into his child’s mother’s home at Quash Trace, Sangre Grande and took his 2-year-old son Umar Ali without the mother’s consent.
• Mohammed fled the scene in his white Nissan B-14 REG # PBD 6522.
• The child’s mother was asleep at the time of the break-in and was awakened by a relative who told her what had happened.
• A report was made to the Sangre Grande police station and officers immediately went to the suspect’s home but he was nowhere to be found.
• Mohammed later video called his child’s mother with a rope around his neck, while on a rafter, threatening to kill himself.
• Shortly after he jumped from the rafter but immediately removed the rope from his neck and ended the call.
• Officers of the anti-kidnapping unit along with members of the hunter’s search and rescue team are currently searching for Mohammed and his son.