Communities at rage as sporadic protests erupted within multiple villages along the north coast road, saddle road, over the police killing of a La Fillette resident last week and also in Moruga, St. Mary’s and Barrackpore over the deplorable conditions of the roadway and constant flooding…
The well-planned, orchestrated and simultaneous acts of protests took places along the North Coast Road from Blanchisseuse all the way to Saddle Road in Maraval earlier today, in protest of the police killing of a La Fillette man last Monday.
• The roadway were blocked in communities such as Saddle Road, Maraval; Just after the Pillars; Maracas Bay; Las Cuevas, La Fillette and Blanchisseuse, with burning tires and debris.
• The protests took place at the same time and the police had absolutely no chatter about such.
Meshach Ramdeen aka Meschach Gibson of La Fillette, Blanchisseuse, was killed in a police-involved shooting in la Fillette, North Coast Road on Monday 18th July, 2022.
• Police said the killing took place late on Monday but because of poor visibility, officers had to return early on Tuesday 19th July, 2022, to process the scene.
• Police said officers of the North Eastern Division Task Force attempted to intercept a white Nissan motor car in La Fillette, which had two occupants.
• It is alleged that both men exited the vehicle, pointed firearms in the officer’s direction and shot at them. Police said they fired back hitting Gibson as the other man fled into nearby bushes.
• Gibson was declared dead at the Port of Spain general hospital. A Beretta pistol loaded with a magazine containing six rounds of ammunition was recovered from the scene.
• However, his relatives and friends have disputed the police version of events