A woman chopped off a man’s hand after he physically assaulted her mother until she became unconscious at their home in Oropouche on Friday 14th July, 2023.
• At around 3:30 pm, the couple was sitting outside of their home drinking when an argument ensued.
• 61-year-old Dhanesaar Lal then picked up a metal chair and proceeded to beat his wife, 58-year-old Kamala Lal who then fell unconscious.
• Dhanesaar sustained multiple chop wounds and his left hand was severed.
• A report was made to the police and Cpl Ali, PC Maharaj and PC Ramdath of the Barrackpore Police Station responded and contacted the Emergency Health Services (EHS).
• Dhanesaar and Kamala were taken to the San Fernando General Hospital for treatment.
• Police officers were given the location of the weapon used during the chopping and Hannah was later found and taken into police custody where she may face charges for the incident.
• PC Ramdath of the Barrackpore CID is continuing investigations.