A female firefighter was gunned down and two men injured during an ambush at Jacob Coat Road, North Eastern Settlement in Sangre Grande last night.
• An illegal Glock 9mm pistol and 14 rounds of ammunition were found under the body of Firefighter 47-year-old Simone Ramsaroop who was gunned down while driving her vehicle at Jacob Coat Road, North Eastern Settlement in Sangre Grande last night.
• Ramsaroop, of Rowland Avenue, Trincity, was assigned to the Arima Fire Station. She died in the driver’s seat of her blue Nissan Versa motor car Registration PDB 8941.
• 38-year-old Kurlyon Thomas, Ramsaroop’s common-law husband and 23-year-old Shyien Trancoso of Coalmine, Sangre Grande, were also shot in the vehicle and remains in critical condition at the hospital.
• According to a police report, around 8:30pm, the three victims were in the car which was proceeding along Jacob Coat Road near Dudes Man Mini Mart, when four men all armed with guns, emerged from a dark area and opened fire on the car.
• Thomas and Trancoso fled from the vehicle but collapsed a short distance away and were assisted by a villager who took them to the Sangre Grande District Hospital, but Ramsaroop died at the scene.
• Police officers from the Eastern Division’s ERP Unit responded to the shooting and found Ramsaroop dead in the driver’s seat of the car with a Glock pistol protruding from under her body. The serial number on the weapon was filed off and its magazine contained 14 live rounds of 9mm ammunition.
• Crime Scene investigators recovered 39 spent 9mm shell casings, 1 live 5.56 ammunition, 2 projectiles and 1 live round of 9mm ammunition at the scene. Officers of the Region 2 Homicide Bureau of Investigations are probing the incident.