A father was killed during an early morning home invasion in Caroni Savannah Road, Chaguanas on Tuesday 13th December, 2022.
• 65-year-old Moonan Hardeo was shot dead by a bandit who invaded his home.
• Around 2:30am this morning, Hardeo was asleep at his home with his wife when their dog began barking.
• According to a relative, Hardeo’s son 38-year-old Vasu Hardeo and his wife awoke and went to investigate, when they saw the suspect in their home.
• Reportedly, the suspect entered the premises by breaking a glass window pane of a door in the kitchen and unlocked the door as the keys were hanging from the door knob.
• Vasu started fighting with the intruder who fired the gun, grazing his leg.
• During the melee, Hardeo woke up and went into the kitchen to investigate the commotion when he was shot in his chest by the man who ran away.
• The son was taken to the Chaguanas district health facility where he was treated and discharged while Hardeo was pronounced dead at the scene.
• Ian visited the family at their home today.