A Cunupia woman who was arrested on close to 100 charges of larceny and embezzlement from her employer was placed on close to $1M bail when she appeared before a Chaguanas Magistrate earlier today.
• 48-year-old Nirmala Tambie was arrested on Thursday 2nd March 2023 by a team of police officers from the Southern Division and the Financial Intelligence Branch, led by Woman Cpl. Rajkumar and PC Jodie of the Mon Repos Police Station.
• Tambie was slapped with 91 charges of larceny servant, with the victim being Gorgon James, owner of Gable X Cleaning Solutions Limited at Chase Village in Chaguanas.
• She was also charged with 1 count of Embezzlement. The alleged offences occurred at the company’s office between January 1st 2022 and September 6th 2022.
• After extensive investigations, Tambie was charged and appeared before Chaguanas Senior Magistrate Adrian Darmanie earlier today and she was placed on $900,000 bail to cover all the charges.
• Magistrate Darmanie also imposed conditions that Tambie report to the Cunupia Police Station every Friday between the hours of 6 am and 6pm and that she remains indoors every day between the hours of 10pm and 6am.
• The matter was adjourned to April 12th and Tambie was later taken to the Golden Grove Women’s Prison after she failed to post bail.
• During her arrest last week, which was an exercise coordinated by the head of the Southern Division Snr. Supt. Richard Smith, officers recovered $ 618,283.00 TTD and $ 18,496.00 USD.