A coconut vendor was gunned down while conducting sales in Ste Madeleine on Saturday 01st July, 2023.
• The deceased was identified as 20-year-old Jamal Mc Queen of Tarrodale, San Fernando.
• Around 2:00pm, Mc Queen was attending to customers at the Ste Madeleine recreation ground when a blue pickup van, registration TCJ-2904, pulled up.
• Mc Queen sustained several gunshot injuries and slumped to the ground, where he died.
• A report was made to the police and AG. Cpl Sookdeo and PC Rambhajan of the Ste Madeleine police station responded.
• The D.M.O also visited the scene, pronounced Mc Queen dead and ordered his body to be removed to the mortuary of the San Fernando General Hospital pending an autopsy.
Mc Queen was the second young coconut vendor to be gunned in less than one week.
On Wednesday 28th June, 2023, a teenage coconut vendor was gunned down in Tumpuna Road, Arima.
• The deceased was identified as 17-year-old Marlon Paul aka “Worm”, an expectant father of Benny Road, Valencia.
• Around 3:28pm, Paul and a 35-year-old man were at their coconut stand along Tumpuna Road, when a white station wagon registered PBC 1456 pulled up alongside them.
• Four armed men, dressed in tactical gear exited the vehicle and fired several shots at the duo before returning to their car and fleeing the scene.
• Paul died at the scene while the injured man was taken to the Arima district health facility where he received medical treatment.
• Crime scene investigators visited the scene and recovered five 40 calibre shells and 17 9mm shell casings.