A brawl between Venezuelan Nationals and Locals near the Gasparillo Police Station, left one (1) man dead and another injured on Monday 10th April, 2023. (Easter Monday)
• The deceased has been identified as 35-year-old Glen Sutton of Marabella, while the injured Venezuelan man is yet to be identified.
• Around 6:00am, two (2) men were liming at One ten Bar, opposite the Gasparillo Police Station, when they got into an altercation with five (5) Venezuelan men, which turned physical.
• The men attempted to flee the scene, when the Venezuelan men began throwing stones and bottles at them.
• One of the locals managed to escape and jumped into his van before charging towards the group in an attempt to rescue his friend.
• The man reversed his vehicle, hitting Sutton and one of the Venezuelan migrants before crashing into a gate, steam roller, and a Nissan Tiida which were parked on the compound of CJ’s Rental and repair shop.
• Sutton died at the scene of the incident, while the Venezuelan man was taken to the San Fernando General Hospital where he was treated and warded in serious condition.
• Sutton’s friend was subsequently taken into police custody, pending further investigations.
• The officers of the Gasparillo Police Station have also come under fire after they failed to respond to the report of the incident in a timely manner.